Creative Jumpstart 2021

Creative Jumpstart 2021
Join me for the 10th Anniversary of CJS2021

Friday, November 4

Jillibean Soup + CardMaker Magazine Blog

Hello everyone, thank you so much for dropping by today for the Jillibean Soup + CardMaker Magazine blog hop. You're coming here from Sean Fetterman's fun blog.

 

Today I wanted to share with you how EASY the super sweet Mason Jar Shaker Cards are to use and show you how I created a super cute snowman jar.

To create this card, I stamped the snowmen using black Archival Ink. For the background, I stamped and embossed white snowflakes and then used Prussian and Blue watercolor paints to paint the background. then I added little bits of color here and there to my snowmen and women and I set it aside to dry.



To attach the clear jar to the snowmen stamped image, just pull the white paper off of the adhesive and press into place.


I stuck a few large snowflake sequins inside to give my shaker a little excitement. 


To finish up, I added a string around the edge of the jar. 


And a cute tag to the string. 

 

To finish I used a double stick adhesive to add it to the inside of my card, I also covered the back of the card with a pretty snowflake paper to hide the back of my messy painted paper -- and voila -- this super cute card is done!

 

Make sure you head on over to Jeanne Streiff's blog and see what creative genius she has whipped up for you today!

Here's the entire list of bloggers that playing along in the CardMaker blog post in case anyone gets lost.

CardMaker Blog: http://www.cardmakermagazine.com/blog/
Daniela Dobson: http://danieladobson.blogspot.com/
Kelly Gettelfinger: www.alwaysstampin.com
Sean Fetterman: www.fettermandesigns.blogspot.com
Catherine Scanlon: http://cmscanlon.blogspot.com/ ==> You're Here
Jeanne Streiff: www.inkypaws.blogs.splitcoaststampers.com
Juliana Michaels: http://www.17turtles.com/
Jillibean Soup Blog: http://www.jillibeansoup.typepad.com/

Also, make sure you stop by the Jillibean Soup blog -- I heard from a little birdie that they'll be hosting an amazing giveaway on their blog.

Here's the link for you: http://www.jillibeansoup.typepad.com/

THANKS for dropping by, have a wonderful day! 

15 comments:

  1. Cute snowmen!!! The snowflakes accents are just perfect :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great way to use the shaker top without using a paper top over the cup

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely watercoloring
    and the jar shaker is
    so cute!
    Carla from Utah

    ReplyDelete
  4. Darling card.
    Love the snow family inside the jar.
    thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun card! Love the background and the snowflakes!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your card is awesome! I'm loving the background and cute scene :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. The mason jar shakers are so fun! Love the snowmen and the snowflake sequins!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love;y shaker card. Thanks for sharing it

    Kathleen

    ReplyDelete
  9. So cute! I love the watercolor background and the twine is the perfect finishing touch! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Catherine, I love your shaker card. The snowmen and the snowflakes in the background paper plus the snowflake sequins are great! Thank you for your detailed instructions, too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this cute scene! The snowmen are adorable!

    ReplyDelete

Hi and thanks for visiting my blog. I appreciate your sweet comments and thank you for taking the time to drop me a line.