Creative Jumpstart 2021

Creative Jumpstart 2021
Join me for the 10th Anniversary of CJS2021

Wednesday, October 16

Make a Custom iPhone Case

Hello there, I know I've been pretty quiet here on the blog lately, but things have been busy I've not really been in the mood for blogging. The same questions I ask myself all the time. But, I'm back today -- thanks to the commitment yesterday to the Whatevers to finally blog.

But as a bonus,  due to my silence I thought I'd give you a little tutorial -- a little thanks to you for coming back to see what I've got going on.

Last week I stopped by Joann Fabrics and found this super cool CLEAR silicone iPhone case. It was on clearance for $5.00 -- and I immediately had an idea pop into my head. This would be perfect to make a custom case for my phone using my Art Gone Wild! Stamps. It was easy peasy -- and here's how I did it.

Custom iPhone Case by Catherine Scanlon

First I cut a piece of watercolor paper the SAME SIZE as the interchangeable designs included with the case and used the Crop-A-Dile Corner Chomper to chomp a 1/4" corner on each corner of the watercolor paper.

Custom iPhone Case by Catherine Scanlon

 I also made sure it fit inside the case, since the paper was a bit thicker than the included design I had to do a little trimming to make it fit.

Custom iPhone Case by Catherine Scanlon

 When it did fit, I used a pencil to trace the camera hole on the case.

Custom iPhone Case by Catherine Scanlon

I used a combination of an x-acto blade and fussy cutting scissors to cut the camera hole out.

Custom iPhone Case by Catherine Scanlon

Custom iPhone Case by Catherine Scanlon

Custom iPhone Case by Catherine Scanlon

Then I stamped my black eyed susan stamp and Archival Ink to stamp my favorite flower on the watercolor paper. To add color I used my watercolor paints to paint the design -- but you could use any thing to color the design.

Custom iPhone Case by Catherine Scanlon

The result is a super beautiful custom iPhone case that i can swap out with any of my favorite stamps or designs from my Just Add Color line!

 Custom iPhone Case by Catherine Scanlon

Thanks for stopping by, have a great day!

1 comment:

Hi and thanks for visiting my blog. I appreciate your sweet comments and thank you for taking the time to drop me a line.