My niece is going to be 14 next month. It's hard to believe she's going to be 14, where has the time gone -- but that's another story. Last year she said she wanted "one of my beautiful hand-made cards".
I usually give her art journaling or crafting supplies for giftie occasions -- but she's been away and I'm not sure just what she wants or needs. Since a gal can never have too many journals I picked up a new Dyan Reavely journal for her and a gift card so she can pick out her own new art supplies that she wants to play with. (The Dunkin' Donuts GC is just for placement!)
The tools I used to create this gift card holder tag were:
• Sizzix Tag & Bookplate 656938
• Sizzix Styled Labels 656642
• Watercolor Paper, 16 x 20
• VersaMark Ink Pad, Black Embossing Powder, Background Stamp, Heat Tool
• Cream Card stock, Gold Corrugated Card Stock
• Sewing Machine
• 2 Wood or Chipboard Butterflies
• Metal Tag and Metal Pin
• Black Seam Binding Tape
- Cut a strip of watercolor paper 16" x 4"
- Score and fold at approximately 3 ¼” and 8 3/8”. Your folded paper needs to sit just INSIDE the ridges of the die so you get the folds and not cuts.
- Cut with the Sizzix Tag and Bookplate
- Paint both sides of the tag with your choice of Distress Paint, let dry.
- Cut and paint the small Oval Bookplate with the same paint.
- Stamp just the front of the tag with the background stamp and a VersaMark Pad. Sprinkle with black embossing Powder and emboss with a heat tool.
- Cut the Styled Labels from Gold Corrugated Card stock and ink the edges and top with Black StazOn.
- Attach the small Oval Frame and Styled Labels to the bottom half of the tag with brads.
- Paint the butterflies with black distress paint and let dry.
- Attach one butterfly to the center of the Styled Labels with foam tape. Create the sentiment from a thin strip of cream card stock and stamps or rub-ons. Attach the sentiment to the pin and stick in the foam tape behind the butterfly.
- Use a sewing machine to stitch the left and right sides of the inside flap where the gift card will be.
- Secure the second butterfly on the inside flap and use a piece of twine to tie the metal tag over the top.
- Tie a triple bow at the top of the tag and scrunch with your fingers.
- Use a piece of twine to secure it to your gift.
Easy peasy – and quick too depending on how detailed you make the decorations! Thanks for joining me today, have a GREAT day!