Creative Jumpstart 2021

Creative Jumpstart 2021
Join me for the 10th Anniversary of CJS2021

Monday, October 1

Virtual Gallery Walk Week: Day 1


This week I'm going to dedicate my blog to the Virtual Gallery Walk I'm in -- sponsored and planned by the sweetest and most talented Liz Hicks. I also though  and also talk about inspiration and what it means and how you can be inspired to create your own art based on the world around you. Let's start with the dictionary and the actual definition of inspiration: 

in·spi·ra·tion:
  1. an inspiring or animating action or influence: I cannot write poetry without inspiration.
  2. something inspired, as an idea.
  3. a result of inspired activity.
  4. a thing or person that inspires.

That's one thing I love about the dictionary, it takes me on wonderful trips, even though its a short walk let's go to inspire:

in·spire:

  1. to fill with an animating, quickening, or exalting influence: His courage inspired his followers
  2. to produce or arouse (a feeling, thought, etc.): to inspire confidence in others.
  3. to fill or affect with a specified feeling, thought, etc.: to inspire a person with distrust.
  4. to influence or impel: Competition inspired her to greater efforts.
  5. to animate, as an influence, feeling, thought, or the like, does: They were inspired by a belief in a better future.
So it's pretty safe to say something like this: I was inspired by ___________ to create this beautiful work of art using ________ . 

For me it's nature and paint. Well, I shouldn't limit myself to paint because I use a LOT of different supplies -- but I am more than filled to the brim with inspiration from nature on a daily basis. Just look here:


Here's a bouquet I picked from my garden this summer:


And the resulting flower from my daily sketch book:

And here's another example from a bouquet of flowers my sweet boy picked for me this summer: 

And the page from my Daily Sketch Journal:
So today,  I want you to look around and be inspired by the world around you and create something from it! 

___________________________________

And back to the Virtual Gallery Walk! Check out the two very talented featured Artists for October 1: 

Jen Cushman: http://www.jencushman.com/
Liz Hicks: www.blogerisms.blogspot.com

The following artists will be featured on:

Tues. 10/2:    Kathy Cano-Murillo & Tracy Weinzapfel
Wed. 10/3:     Catherine Scanlon & Martha Richardson
Thurs. 10/4: Camille McClelland & Jamie Doughtery
Fri. 10/5: Lorraine Bell & Cheryl Waters



This is going to be an AMAZING Week full of art and inspiration!

3 comments:

  1. I am glad I found your blog, thanks to Cheryl hosting this virtual gallery walk. I enjoyed your creations because they are simply, yet elegant. You inspire me to attempt painting, as I am not an artist who can draw. Blessings to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love both of your projects today but especially your daily sketch!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How wonderful your sketches are!! Thank you for sharing and being an inspiration.

    ReplyDelete

Hi and thanks for visiting my blog. I appreciate your sweet comments and thank you for taking the time to drop me a line.