Creative Jumpstart 2021

Creative Jumpstart 2021
Join me for the 10th Anniversary of CJS2021

Sunday, July 15

Boink. Boink. Boink -- Time to Meet Mother

It's that time of the month again -- time to share our stories of the adventures of the Whatevers. Since I have so much extra time on my hands (ha ha) I thought I would make this a true story-telling experience and read my story to you.

I hope you like it!


Time to Meet Mother from Catherine Scanlon on Vimeo.

And, to go along with that -- here are the images I used in my little video, and some fun facts. 



Cordelia Marie really is my Grandmother's name.  Except that she is French so on her birth certificate it reads Marie Cordelia -- it's a Catholic thing I think. My mother's is the same.



I love watercolor paints, I guess that you probably already knew that though. 
I recorded the Voice Memo to add to my story 7 times because I kept messing up at the little red-headed handful part -- and then I would laugh and have to start over. And then would mess up at right after I said Eldridge. ha.
I really love wild birds, in case you couldn't tell. But we had pet birds once and I hated them. They were messy and loud and cleaning the cage grossed me out.
I am a creature of habit and find I use the same colors all the time. I recently bought some purple toe nail polish to get out of my color rut, it looks just like Claudine Hellmuth's Purple paint, which I do love but hardly ever use.
Mother's eyes came out of a magazine -- and they are from the same person. On the front cover of the mag she was in color and the article she was in black and white. It made me laugh to see how funny Mother looks with her wonky eyes and curly hair. My Grandmother Cordelia did NOT have wonky eyes or curly hair.

I am really LOVING this Creative Storytelling project -- and can't wait to share NEXT month with you. But in the meantime, if you want to share your Whatever story with us, click on the Linky at the top of my blog and enter. Please only share projects that are related to the Whatevers. Also, you can share your art in our Flickr Group and Facebook Page. 

If I've held your attention this long, check out what Nat and Vicki have created and links for Facebook and Flickr: 
_______________________________
_______________________________
 
Here's a quick re-cap of our commitment to the Whatevers:
 
  • Vicki, Nat and I have made a one-year commitment to each other and picked twelve photos with Whatevers whom we will give a story.
  • Every month – if possible always on the 15th – each of us will do a post with an individual story that goes along for us with the same photo.
  • If you want you can play along and we will have the photo for you – just right click on it to safe it to download and show us your version of The Whatevers.
  • There are no rules to the story itself- it can be funny, sad, uplifting, breathtaking- WHATEVER
  • There are no rules on the length or the form of the story- it can be a short sentence, an essay, a poem or a soap opera – WHATEVER
  • There are no rules on the artform you choose – it can be a scrapbook layout, an altered art project, an art journal page – WHATEVER
  • Here is a rule though: if you take the photo you have to link back to us and show us your story.
  • These pictures are from our personal stash and are for personal use for you only! If you want to use them for a publication whether a book or magazine in print or digital form please ask for permission!
  • If you want to participate we’ll have a linky list for each Whatever Post,  but your link must be about the Whatevers story you have created.
  • You can also join our The Whatevers -Facebook Page www.facebook.com/WhateversCreativeStorytelling 

4 comments:

  1. LOL...boink, boink...Cordelia is quite the beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhhhhh.... amazed by your talents once again! SO FUN! I love hearing your voice too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun story, Catherine, and I love how you've altered the photo - very cool and quirky :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. so loving this!!!! Awesome video and your voice is gorgeous with the story!

    ReplyDelete

Hi and thanks for visiting my blog. I appreciate your sweet comments and thank you for taking the time to drop me a line.