Creative Jumpstart 2021

Creative Jumpstart 2021
Join me for the 10th Anniversary of CJS2021

Tuesday, July 3

Because of your smile...

I have quite a few people in my life that have a beautiful smile. My son has an infectious smile -- I can't help but smile when I think of his wonderful toothy grin.
 My husband too, has a great smile. But he doesn't like to have his picture taken so I don't have many photos of him, and then to ask him to smile is another battle, LoL.
When I was in high school (oh -- 28 years ago, eeeek) my nickname was Smiley. I think I must have smiled a lot. I had other nicknames too, but the one that I remember most fondly is Smiley. I was always up to something so that grin was the telltale sign, I guess.

When I saw this quote by Thich Naht Hanh it made me think of those days, back in the 80's. Things were hard at times as a teenage girl, but I survived. They've been hard at times in the 90's and on into today. I am thankful I have something to lean on, besides my family and friends. A place I can travel to. A place inside my head and my heart as a refuge from the hard times -- a place no one else can go.
Art.is.what.saved.me!
Having the ability, time and teachers through out the years that took the time to show me how to create art and to put my feelings down on paper was my escape.
I am thankful everyday for those artful influences in my life, then and now. For those beautiful smiles so willing to share and teach. I am carrying the torch and  following on in their footsteps. And it feels great. I'd love to know what creating art has done for your life!

Thanks for stopping by -- going to take a few days off to celebrate the Fourth of July with my family and friends! Have a great rest of your week and Happy 4th of July!

1 comment:

Hi and thanks for visiting my blog. I appreciate your sweet comments and thank you for taking the time to drop me a line.