Creative Jumpstart 2021

Creative Jumpstart 2021
Join me for the 10th Anniversary of CJS2021

Monday, March 26

Just Remember to Breathe

I don't think I'm the only one in the world that does this.
When life get stressful -- the pulls of responsibility -- demands of work, family -- toxic people in our lives -- we forget to do the one thing that can cleanse our soul. Clear our mind and give an influx perspective. A pause. 
It's quite simple. A natural, instinctual function that happens without any thought. It's called breathing. We need it to live. Yet -- we hold our breath or take shallow breaths when things are stressful.
I feel like for the last 9 months I have been holding my breath. Definitely waiting for the next ax to fall. I find myself taking shallow, short breaths -- only filling the first quarter of my lungs. I need to REMEMBER to breathe in fresh, new air and cleanse my insides with oxygen and blow out all the bad air, energy and worry that is stuck inside. 
It will help rid my soul of the toxic thoughts, feelings of inadequacy and insecurity and give me the strength to let go of those friends that drain me. That make me feel not good enough. It's so hard to let those people go because we "like" them. They are our friends. I'm thinking though that we keep them around because they are a part of our habit.

We need to send them to the moon and get them off our planet.
I keep reminding myself, just breathe! 
Breathe in for 6 -- exhale out for 6.
Even though in the deep center of my gut -- my intuition -- has been telling me for the last year that it wasn't a healthy friendship -- I second guessed everything I said or did. Analyzed everything that was said or done, especially everything she said. and I held my breath. I feel like I've turned blue.
This page in my art journal is a reminder that holding my breathe isn't healthy. It helps me hold on to that toxicity and insecurity. When I start breathing again I'll truly have the strength, security and confidence that I forgot I had when I'm around toxic people.

So, why are you holding your breath? 

3 comments:

  1. A great post and yes I need to do the same!

    Your colours are just stunning - I really am just loving your work (it is always lovely) but at the moment it seems to be in technicolour!

    Enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Breathe in...breathe out...GREAT POST Cat!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been reading your blog for a couple of months but never commented...I read this one and went on, but was drawn back. Toxic friendships are very hard, perhaps because we are constantly torn between our soul's desire to nuture, and our soul's more healthy desire to be...well, healthy.

    I will carry you around in my heart as you decide what you are going to do. I don't know if there is a right and a wrong choice, just know that it is your choice. I have done both-left a toxic friendship, and learned to speak up in a toxic friendship. I can't tell you which is better...but both were necessary in my journey to become healthier.

    Just some words of encouragement...blessings.

    ReplyDelete

Hi and thanks for visiting my blog. I appreciate your sweet comments and thank you for taking the time to drop me a line.