Creative Jumpstart 2021

Creative Jumpstart 2021
Join me for the 10th Anniversary of CJS2021

Monday, March 5

Blue Butterfly Day

I love butterflies. We recently went to the Museum of Science in Boston and spent quite a bit of time in the butterfly garden. It didn't have a lot of butterflies -- and there were a LOT of people, but I was still inspired by their beauty. 
They are so delicate, and so unique. And can you believe they started out as an ugly caterpillar? 
There are so many inspirational quotes about butterflies -- my favorite -- the butterfly has moments not months and has time enough -- says so much. But this one, by Deborah Chaskin that I found yesterday speaks to me too. 
Kind of like the song by Train I think, "don't give up me I'm about to come alive". That song brings tears to my eyes every time I hear it and try to sing the words. 

I feel like I'm about to come alive.
Is it through my art? Is it through my faith or in my career -- or as a wife, mother or friend ?? I don't know. But I feel like I am on the cusp. The cusp of something big. It feels exciting. 

What are you on the edge about? What songs, poems, artists inspire you? I'd love to know -- and I'd also love to see your art journals and art that you're working on! Thanks for stopping by -- hope you have a great day. I've got a busy week so I don't know how much Art Journaling I'll get to share. 

3 comments:

  1. I love this....you are such an amazingly talented woman, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - great post...I know that feeling and it usually does come right before a new awakening!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not only do I love this piece, the post is amazing. Think you could make this into a canvas? I believe I need it for my craft space!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Hi and thanks for visiting my blog. I appreciate your sweet comments and thank you for taking the time to drop me a line.