Creative Jumpstart 2021

Creative Jumpstart 2021
Join me for the 10th Anniversary of CJS2021

Wednesday, February 8

Coffee and Butterflies

I know you know about my ADDICTION to using butterflies in my art projects -- so seeing these pretty ones is nothing new to many of you. I thought I would share how I made them -- so you can try it and see how easy and fun they are to work with. 

I started this project by stamping a bunch of butterflies from Inkadinkado using StazOn ink onto watercolor paper. I was planning on using a lot of them ;-)

Then I poured some cold COFFEE in a small bowl and painted some onto each butterfly -- to get a vintage photo look -- like a Cavallini look to them. 
And then I used a watercolor crayon to add some color. You can see that I didn't worry much about staying in the lines! 
When the sheet of pretty butterflies was dry I used my finger to brush a light coat of Glossy Accents over the top of each sweet insect ;-) 
When that final step was dry -- I used some detail scissors to fussy cut each one away -- and then assembled this pretty card -- using new Brenda Walton stamps that Inkadinkado released at CHA, they will be available soon. 



I guess I should say that painting with coffee is my latest love! I really love the look it adds to the projects I've used it on -- it adds a wonderful -- vintagey look that distress inks and inking the edges of your paper just can't add. It's almost like the paper REALLY sat in a dark, humid attic for a 100 years! 

I hope you have a wonderfully crafty day, thanks for stopping by! 

2 comments:

  1. beautiful card Cat. I'm also a huge butterfly fan.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ok girl we are sista's!!! I love my coffee and butterflies and creating...these are beautiful...

    ReplyDelete

Hi and thanks for visiting my blog. I appreciate your sweet comments and thank you for taking the time to drop me a line.