Creative Jumpstart 2021

Creative Jumpstart 2021
Join me for the 10th Anniversary of CJS2021

Thursday, August 19

Guest Blogger at This Art that Makes me Happy

My dear friend Vic asked me to be a Guest Blogger over on her blog, This Art that Makes Me Happy today; here's the post that I've posted over there - but I highly recommend that you drop by and check out some of the lovely creations she makes for Crafty Secrets, AccuCut, Fancy Pants, Tattered Angels - and I'm sure there are more. Im so happy and honored to be a Guest Blogger today for Vic. Shes such a talented and wonderful friend love her! Vic and I met while we were both on the ScrapMuse Design Team eons ago. We both ended up leaving the Muse for other opportunities, but have managed to stay in touch over the years I even went out to visit her in Nebraska a couple years ago. We had a wonderful time junking in all her favorite spots a little crafting too - shes one of the most talented, creative and lovely ladies Im honored to call a friend.

A little about me, Im currently on the Creative Team for EK Success Brands and have written two books, I hope youll take a minute to check out my blog Art from the Heart please make sure to say hello if you do stop by! Ill admit Ive been a bad blogger the last few weeks, my fall classes at My Creative Classroom are starting in September and Ive been busy getting my new classes ready!

Anyway, when Vic asked me to be a guest blogger for her I knew exactly what I wanted to do! I had picked up a fun pack of Christmas Die Cuts at Jo Anns that very day only because they were 40% off and I didnt get this particular set in my monthly goodie box when it was released. (Urgh, yes I did say Christmas in August but its never too early to start on those special cards you send out every year ;-) The die cuts are from K & company and were designed by Brenda Walton they are divine some are clear and the rest are cardstock. Very vintage and very lovely.

Heres a quick shot of the group of cards I made, they were fun to make and I loved combining them with Spellbinders dies and pretty papers too.

Even though they look detailed, they really didnt take a lot of time to make!

For this card I die cut a blue label from pretty blue flocked paper and because I wanted a red mat for it ended up hand cutting one because I had used the largest die for the blue flocked paper. I also cut two small ovals and a corrugated cardboard tag and I added them to the card along with patterned paper, the die cuts and some gold German trims. Of course, I added some sewing to the mix and this card was complete. Easy. and FAST!

Its a toss-up which card is my favorite I think its this sweet one! For this one I die cut 4 of the same size tags and layered them over the German scraps and vellum tape on patterned paper and added the die cut poinsettia and stitched around the edges. I added the corrugated cardboard tag and made the tag with a rub on. A little ink and the pretty girl die cut and this card was DONE! Easy peazy lemon squeezy! ;-) See, this Christmas card thing in August is moving right along.its better than December 21st like I usually manage and its not a Christmas card but a New Year card ;-)

This last card was a little more difficult, I die cut two windows one in the patterned paper and one in the card base and sandwiched a piece of vellum in between the two die cuts. When I was at JoAnns I picked up some embossing folders for Metal (Walnut Hollow) for $1.97 hoping theyd work with my Big Shot and they DID yahoo for me. So, I embossed the red paper strip and attached it to the patterned paper then added some Gold German scraps and the Santa die cut. Before adding the tag, I stitched around the window and Santa then added the corrugated cardboard tag with red velvet ribbon and stitched around the edge of the card. Some velvet leaves (Making Memories) and a clear tag and the letter stickers (October Afternoon) and this card was DONE, all three before I ate breakfast, LOL. Dont ask what time I ate.

I hope you enjoyed my Christmas in August tags and also take a minute to check out Vic's blog, This art that makes me Happy - I'm sure it will become a destination you'll want to visit a lot! Enjoy the rest of your week!

XoX, Catherine

4 comments:

  1. You are the first person I thought of when I decided to have guest bloggers! Thank you so so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad Vicki featured you on her blog, I never would have found your wonderful blog. ~Diane

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoyed your post!! I put a plug in for your classes on Vic's blog : ) Life got a little wild at our house and really hasn't slowed down so I never got to create but I did get to see some of your classes and downloaded your handouts. They were simply wonderful and I just wanted to let you know - guess I'm one of those better late then never folks. hoping to get back to creating some time soon : ) Hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Catherine!
    I just visited Vicki and loved your guestblogpost! Your cards are really beautiful!
    Oh and btw I lóóóve your pool!
    Have a lovely Sunday!
    Elly (from the Netherlands)

    ReplyDelete

Hi and thanks for visiting my blog. I appreciate your sweet comments and thank you for taking the time to drop me a line.