Creative Jumpstart 2021

Creative Jumpstart 2021
Join me for the 10th Anniversary of CJS2021

Sunday, June 27

Hybrid 4th of July Inspiration

I know I've said it before, but I'll say it again - I'm a traditional scrapbooker in that I love the feel, texture and dimension that I can get when I work with paper, ribbon and whatever else I can find to throw on my page.

Working solely in digital doesn't allow me to get my fingers dirty - but I also love playing with my computer. I don't know who discovered hybrid scrapbooking - but they are awesome - and it's the perfect solution to my dilemma of wanting to play with paper AND my computer!

Usually I edit my photos and create my journaling on my computer. But, I did some different things on this 4th of July page I created for Spotted Canary.

Look at the background paper, the one with the checks on it - now LOOK really close - you can see that it's really a photo that I did some fun things to in Photoshop Elements 7. Now, look at the photo in the center of the page - the one of the fireworks - it's the same photo that I used to make my patterned paper - the one with the checks on it in the background behind the photos.

It came out really cool, if you want the complete instructions on how I created this page, the background photo and get the supply list, you can find all of these here (and more great inspiration) - at the Spotted Canary site.

Just in case you were wondering, the star on the top center row of photos is really a lemon tart decorated with blueberries and rasperries - and it was delicious!

In other Spotted Canary news, I'll be hosting the July Challenge over in the Challenge section of the Spotted Canary Forum - I hope you'll fly on over and play along - it's going to be fun. Check back for the details of the Challenge on July 1st - or just check the forum.

I've got a busy two or three days so I don't think I will have a chance to post until the end of the week. I hope you had a great weekend - THANKS for stopping by!

3 comments:

  1. Great page Catherine! I actually started Scrapbooking digitally - a few years ago - but before long I was doing it with paper ... and then paint and fabric and the rest of it!!! So much fun, can't imagine doing a complete digital layout nowadays!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great layout Cat! LOOK how your boy had GROW! ahhh... so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely work! Each piece is a joy to look at! Suzan

    ReplyDelete

Hi and thanks for visiting my blog. I appreciate your sweet comments and thank you for taking the time to drop me a line.