Creative Jumpstart 2021

Creative Jumpstart 2021
Join me for the 10th Anniversary of CJS2021

Wednesday, May 26

Back in the Studio

I've always loved the look of chipboard attached to a canvas or album cover and then painted over for a cool monochromatic effect. I've seen quite a few different projects done with this technique, but was inspired to make this canvas from a sweet little canvas I saw on this blog, the Pink Couch. I decided right away that I wanted to make one - and ended up making 2 - one for me and one for my friend Karen's birthday. You can see her initials here and there - but there are NO hidden messages at all, I promise.

Here's the finished one - after about 10 layers of paint, gesso and crackle medium.

It came out perfectly, I can't wait to hang it with the other canvases I made in my Wire, Paint and Paper class. I hope that Karen likes hers!

It felt good to make something for myself for a change! I need to make a regular habit of it!

Thanks for stopping by on this lovely Monday. Enjoy your evening!

2 comments:

  1. I stared at my beautiful new canvas for HOURS last night and this morning! I LOVE IT!!! It looks like handmade paper and I am so lucky to have it to admire for the rest of my life! I will bring it to the nursing home when the time comes so that everyone knows that I once had very cool friends :) THANK YOU!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done, this does look fabulous, thanks for sharing the creative inspiration.

    ReplyDelete

Hi and thanks for visiting my blog. I appreciate your sweet comments and thank you for taking the time to drop me a line.