Creative Jumpstart 2021

Creative Jumpstart 2021
Join me for the 10th Anniversary of CJS2021

Thursday, March 20

Stitching Experiment

I thought it would be fun to share with you one of the reasons why I love to Sew on Paper. For this demonstration I made 4 simple post cards using Watercolor Post card paper as my base, vintage wall paper, scraps of paper bags from my favorite store and lovely printed Cotton Scraps from Crafty Secrets. Look at the first image that's posted above of this lovely Hello postcard, it's pretty - but it's a little bland in my eyes.
Now take a look at it in the image below, with turquoise machine stitching added to it. I don't know about you, but the added texture and color really take this from nicely boring to NICELY fantastic!
AFTER Stitching, originally uploaded by CatherineScanlon.

You can check out my Flickr to see the other examples I made! Thanks Sandy for sending me those Cotton Scraps...it took me forever to do something with them, but hey better late than never is my motto lately!

9 comments:

  1. oh my you blow me away with your gorgeous art!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ditto on that!!!!! They are just absolutely GORGEOUS!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ohhh- the finishing touch!! Beautiful, as always!!
    Love your art!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are so pretty Cat! You are the sewing goddess :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm like rofl here -- I am always 3rd behind Nat and Shawn -- tonight I'm not because robinbirdsnest is here but seriously -- it's usually Nat, Shawn, Me and one day, oh one day girls, I will be here before you!! LOL!!!!!

    Catherine, the blue stitching totally changes this. Oh I wish I could sew (of course, I'd need a machine!) but I failed sewing (almost!) the one year I took Home Ec and I totally put me off sewing!!!!! Though I spent YEARS doing needlepoint and counted cross stitch so go figure!!

    anyway, have a happy easter Catherine--and you too Nat and Shawn! I feel like I know you both since the 3 of us are always here!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for sharing this - it gives alot of inspiration! And it's beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey girl, i loved your article in the SM NL! So honest & well rounded, it spoke to me about life in general. :)

    ReplyDelete

Hi and thanks for visiting my blog. I appreciate your sweet comments and thank you for taking the time to drop me a line.