Creative Jumpstart 2021

Creative Jumpstart 2021
Join me for the 10th Anniversary of CJS2021

Tuesday, March 4

My workshop on Monday

The Lovely Group Originally uploaded by CatherineScanlon
was a total hit with Loretta, Janet, Barbara and Sandy. We had such a lovely and relaxing day, I felt very honored to be with them creating art and sharing some of my secrets with them.

Each one of these ladies created a lovely collage, each one used pieces that meant a lot to her, and for the most part finished them. That's the best part - their collages are at a point where they can hang them up on the wall if they want and call it done - or they can do a little more puttering and embellishing and then be finished with it.

The best part, they asked me to teach another workshop in April, and I am pretty excited about the theme. Both Loretta and I had submitted 12 x 12 paper collages to the True Colors challenge at Quilting Arts - and Loretta showed hers to the group at lunch time. They all fell in love with what she showed us, so we're going to be making a lovely paper quilt. The theme is going to be them as children...I think. We'll see how that works out, but I had so much fun.

THANK you Loretta for organizing this, and thank you Sandy, Janet and Barbara for being such a great group of women to be around for the day! I'm really looking forward to April!

4 comments:

  1. You're a fine teacher. Those pieces looks wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cat that looks like so much fun!!! I need to win the lotto so I can fly up and go to one of your classes! Looks like the ladies all did a great job! Can't wait to see your paper quilt sounds like that is going to be so much fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks so awesome! One day you will teach me too :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like everyone had enjoyed the day and produced some wonderful art. Friends, laughter, talking and art...what could be better?? OH I know...going back to do it again in April!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Hi and thanks for visiting my blog. I appreciate your sweet comments and thank you for taking the time to drop me a line.